The Department of Science of Technology preserves and enhances the collections in scientific, technical and medical fields. In addition to its legal deposit collections, the Department houses major scientific collections in foreign languages as well as French and foreign theses.
A large offer of digital resources – books, current and retrospective collections of magazines, databases - complements the printed collections.
The Resource Centre on Sustainable Development, located in Room C of the Reference Library, proposes to focus on sustainable development and its practices according to a cross-disciplinary approach.
75706 Paris Cedex 13
Resource centre about sustainable development in Room C
© Béatrice Lucchese / BnF
Two possibilities are proposed to readers wishing to use the reading rooms.
- The Reference Library (Haut-de-Jardin level) is open to anyone 16 years of age and over; this library makes encyclopaedic collections available in free access.
- Entrance to the Research Library (Rez-de-Jardin level) is limited to accredited users; at this level, the readers have the possibility to consult the heritage collections.
||From Tuesday to Saturday
|Reference library (Haut-de-jardin level)
|Research library (Rez-de-jardin level)
Closed on public holidays:
- 31 december and 1st of January
- Easter Sunday and Monday
- 1 and 8 May
- Ascension Thursday
- Pentecost Sunday and Monday
- 14 July
- 15 August
- 1 and 11 November
- 24 and 25 December
Annual closing of the BnF sites located in Paris (François-Mitterrand, Richelieu and Louvois, Arsenal and Opéra Libraries): During the annual closing of the BnF, various operations are achieved on the BnF premises and public spaces: repair, maintenance or cleaning work. It will take place from Friday, August 31st to Sunday, September 9th, 2018 inclusive.
Documents from closed stack collections (Research library), must be requested before the reading rooms close:
- from Monday to Friday at 17:00,
- Saturday at 16:00 for Printed material and at 17:00 for Microforms, Audiovisual documents and Reserve.