'Attack level' Vigipirate plan
Until further notice:
- Please bring a valid proof of identity to enter the library
- The West entrance of François-Mitterrand library is closed
- Only “cabin” baggages (55cm × 35cm × 25cm) are allowed within the BnF premises.
The public must stop at the cloakrooms before entering the reading rooms located at the Richelieu Library. Luggage lockers are available just near the entrance hall (please bring a one or two euro coin).
The library is open:
- from Monday to Friday from 1.30pm to 5.00pm (appointments possible in the morning)
- on Saturday from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m..
Closed on Sunday and Monday.
In July, during the festival d'Avignon, the Maison Jean Vilar and its library are opened every day on a wider schedule.
Closed on public holidays:
- 1 January
- 1 and 8 May
- Ascension Thursday
- 14 July
- 15 August
- 1 and 11 November
- 25 December
- from 19 December 2016 to 2 January 2017 inclusive