Publications by institutions and public authorities, statistics, etc.: essential sources for understanding yesterday’s and today’s world.
Official intergovernmental publications
The Library’s collections of official intergovernmental publications are sourced not only from global organizations (the United Nations, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, etc.) but also from regional ones (the European Union, the Council of Europe, etc.).
The Reference library
, with its more recent documents focusing on current events, and the Research library
, with its large number of older collections, offer publications from, in particular, the following:
- the United Nations and its specialist institutions (General Assembly, Security Council, International Court of Justice, International Labor Organization, World Trade Organization, World Tourism Organization, FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization), UNICEF, International Telecommunications Union, etc.)
- the OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development)
- the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund
- NATO (the North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
- the European Union: French and English language documents published by the European Commission’s various directorates, other central bodies (the European Parliament, the Court of Justice of the European Communities, the Committee of the Regions, the Court of Auditors, Eurostat, etc.), and independent organizations (the European Central Bank, the European Environment Agency, etc.)
- the Council of Europe: official deeds and topical publications, particularly on human rights, integration policy, etc.
- regional development banks (the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Asian Development Bank, etc.)
Readers have free access to indexes, bibliographies, and glossaries to help them locate documents.
Statistical publications by intergovernmental organizations on the nations and regions of the world: a particularly extensive collection.
The latest editions of these publications are freely accessible in the Reference and Research libraries. Older editions are available in the Research library only.
These publications provide answers to general and specific questions on the following:
- business and financial activities
- international trade
- education and healthcare
- other economic, demographical, and social subjects.