Reservation terms at François-Mitterrand, Richelieu, Louvois, Opera Libraries.
This service is open to the research libraries' readers.
In the reading rooms of the Research Library (François-Mitterrand Library), a seat reservation is compulsory; a seat can be reserved for immediate entry.
Before you can reserve a seat or documents, you must hold a valid reader pass for the Rez-de-Jardin level.
Reserving is done in the Espace personnel.
Types of seat
Various types of seat can be reserved:
- basic seats to consult printed materials or microforms kept in closed stacks;
- basic seats with internet access: in room X, you can reserve a seat to consult documents in free access and electronic resources but you cannot consult closed-stacks collections;
- basic seats with / or without internet access in 'carrels' spaces: individual spaces to consult documents in free access. In 'carrels' spaces with internet access, a computer is available that also provides access to electronic resources, office softwares and USB port. Closed-stacks collections cannot be consulted;
- seats to consult audiovisual collections in room P (CD-roms, DVD-roms, Video cassettes...);
- seats to consult documents kept in the Rare book reserve (room Y). These collections are available upon motivated request.
- seats reserved for persons with disabilities: in all the reading rooms, the 'Mobilité réduite' seats are easily available. The staff brings to you the documents kept in closed-stacks. In rooms M and U, the 'Cabines de déficience visuelle' (booths for visually-impaired persons) are provided with adapted equipment.
For the same day or in advance, you can:
- reserve seats using the online reservation service, available through the 'Espace personnel' (from 10 a.m. for same-day reservations)
- reserve seats on site from any BnF computer or with the assistance of a librarian.
Seats can also be reserved in advance by calling the following number on Mondays between 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. and Tuesday to Saturday between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. : 00 33 (1) 53 79 57 01.
At the end of the procedure, your will be given a reservation number. You will be assigned a seat as soon as you arrive in the reading room.
If you are delayed or need to cancel a reservation:
- you can cancel or change your arrival time if you are delayed, using the online reservation service available through the 'Espace personnel' . This option is available for both same-day and future reservations.
- you can notify the library by calling 00 33 (1) 53 79 57 01.
To be noted
- You may reserve up to five seats up to 30 days in advance.
- Seats should preferably be reserved from your planned arrival time to ensure that they are available if you are delayed.
- Certain specific types of document (e.g. oversize and microform documents) require a special seat; these seats are allocated at the reading room desk in addition to the reserved seat.
Reserving seats in the Ina THEQUE (room P)
Call the following number: 00 33 (1) 53 79 57 60, or contact the Ina THEQUE reception desk in room P.
A release request must be made to consult closed-stack documents. This request is made using the online reservation service, available through the "Espace personnel". You can make a request on site or online, for the same day or in advance.
Requests concerning the collections housed at the Maps and Plans Department can only be made on-site.
In advance, you can order:
- 5 items of printed material
- 5 microforms
- 5 items of audiovisual material.
Document requests can be made up to 30 days in advance. Documents should be requested before 3 p.m. if you wish to consult them the next day. For same-day consultation, you can order:
Quantities of documents by day and by type
| ||Printed material ||Microforms ||Audiovisual material ||Reserve |
|Monday ||8 ||10 ||10 ||10 |
|Tuesday to Friday ||15 ||10 ||10 ||10 |
|Saturday ||10 ||10 ||10 ||10 |
No more than 25 documents may be ordered on any given day.
To be noted
Advance orders may be placed by telephone (up to 3 documents). Documents are reserved using their call number, which must be provided by the reader.
Phone number : 01 53 79 57 01
Opening hours : Mondays 13:00 to19:00,Tuesday to Saturday 09:00 to 19:00