- Annual closing from Sunday, August 29, 2021 evening to Thursday, September 9, 2021 in the morning
- All visitors must present a health pass to access our exhibitions and cultural events as of 21 July. The health pass is not required to access our reading rooms. More details here [in French]
- Opening hours and access information may be subject to change. Check them before your visit.
Room D – Law, Economics, Politics
Salle D - droit économie et politique © Béatrice Lucchese / BnF
It also houses two original documentary ensembles, the Resource Centre on the European Union and the Centre of Resource and Information on the Business World (Pôle de ressources et d’information sur le monde de l’entreprise (PRISME)), as well as specific services such as trainings on legal databases.
The most updated documentation on French Law subjects is available, as well as a collection on international and European Law. More than 300 magazines, mostly French, are available. A selection of practical law was specially designed for addressing daily issues.
A recent selection gathers essentially French documentation complete with some documentation in English or other commun foreign languages. You may consult the classics on economic thought as well as recent studies, research and books on the economic and social current climate, the evolution of the global Economy, financial and international Economy and on Management and Accounting.
- Political Science:
The collection covers all themes related to this topic: the history of political ideas, political and administrative institutions, public policy, political situation, international relations since 1945, political sociology, strategy, and defense politics.
- Official publications:
Institutional, administrative and statistical publications: all indispensable resources to understand today’s world. Available on paper, they gather in room D the French, foreign and intergovernmental official publications, including the European Union.
A collection of basic documents (French, foreign languages and historic dictionaries, atlases etc.) to complete the resources on law, economics, political science, and a selection of general knowledge magazines.
- [Unavailable until further notice] Quick legal database training every Tuesday at 1:30 PM in the group room to learn the essentials on four databases: Dalloz, Lamyline, Lexis360, Navis (éditions Francis Lefebvre)
- Reproduction of paper documents and microforms
- The ‘Thursday Demo’ on documentary resources for job hunting and business creation by the PRISME team every Thursday at 11 AM (in the Aquarium, Eastern Hall)
- Help with documentary research and on how to use paper and electronic collections
- Access to the main legal databases: Dalloz, Lamyline, Lexis360, Xerfi, Business Source Complete, Euromonitor, Delphes
- [Closed until further notice] Group room (6 people)
- Link to bibliographies and other downloadable documents
- Collection of books on exam preparation
- Theses works on microfiches
- Official publications (microfiches): Journal officiel, Bulletin des lois, Bulletin des arrêts de la cour de cassation
- [Unavailable until further notice] Communication of French newspapers (microfilms) kept at the Research Library
- The Europe resource centre gather the essential sources of information and current news on the workings of the EU
- The Pôle de ressources et d’information sur le monde de l’entreprise (PRISME) gathers a documentary collection (paper and digital) for professional use such as market studies, information on societies, professional press, and practical documents for job seekers and business creators.