- Annual closing from Sunday, August 29, 2021 evening to Thursday, September 9, 2021 in the morning
- All visitors must present a health pass to access our exhibitions and cultural events as of 21 July. The health pass is not required to access our reading rooms. More details here [in French]
- Opening hours and access information may be subject to change. Check them before your visit.
Room H – French Literature
Salle H – Littérature française © Béatrice Lucchese / BnF
- French Literature (26,150 volumes)
The collection offers a large panorama of the French literary production (shelfmarked by century and by author) but also of books on literary creation. This Public Library Room features promenintely 20th and 21th-century production, and particularly contemporary creation; detective novels, science fiction, and graphic novels are not forgotten.
- Francophone Literature (4,310 volumes)
The collections are divided into ten geographical areas: Subsaharan Africa, North America, Asia/Pacific, Carribean, Maghreb, Indian ocean, Near East, Switzerland, Belgium/Luxemburg, and other European countries. They also offer general books (anthologies, dictionaries), literary works (novels, poetry, theater) classified by author, as well as and critical studies.
- Linguistics (1,580 volumes)
General Linguistics, phonetics, morphology, syntax, lexicology and a number or French language periodicals in the field.
- French language and regional languages (1,410 volumes)
General and theoretical works and periodicals on the history of the French language covering fileds such as philology, etymological dictionaries, history of linguistic normalization.
- Languages and Greek and Latin languages (2,030 volumes)
This information and documentation portal in French presents news on Francophonie and a selection of resources: recent books and films, conferences, websites etc.
- Group room (3 people)
- 4 audiovisual stations
- Reproduction room (1 scanner and 2 microfiche readers) with a Sedeco card reader
- Manuals and reference works
- Exam preparation, past exam papers etc.
- Detective novels and French science fiction : in the so-called Yellow Room, the collections feature the most relevant works by French authors of detective novels (880 volumes) and science fiction (410 volumes).